Tuesday 27 January 2015

A Promising Africa



Yesterday, my colleague and I went to the Genesis Deluxe Cinemas to see the documentary by an 11year old Nigerian girl living in the Diaspora; Zuriel Oduwole.


The documentary which is titled, A Promising Africa, highlights interviews of the president, a designer- Lisa Folawiyo, an Olympic medalist- Blessing Okagbare,  the CEO of Heritage Bank and the founder of Green Springs.

As much as I wasn't particularly impressed with the background music not being Nigerian since most of the highlights were Nigerian inclined,  Zuriel did a good job directing and producing documentary even with the script writing.

Her parents are proud of her but I guess her dad more. Having to quit his job for a non profit passion of his daughter. Now, that is a really proud dad.

The documentary has shown in London and Nigeria and I am thinking more kids need to see the documentary and be inspired to break boundaries. However, would you let your 11 year old live Zuriel's life?

A FEW SHOTS USING SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE4
Some students after the documentary 

Zuriel'sdad addressing the students 
The students sending a message to Zuriel 
Oma, Zuriel's dad and Binta.
With love, 
Oma!

2 comments:

  1. It's so inspiring to hear of an 11 year old girl's accomplishments. It's not enough to just sit down and complain about everything. Nigeria sure is moving to a better place...Cheers to a Nigeria we can all be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very, very, very impressed by the Girl and what she has done. I had to go and Google her and Voila !!!! Plenty pages on her and her achievements, and she is not even a teenager yet. Where has my life gone :( The next generation are our hope. Pray for Naija. Thanks for sharing this story. My village, my church, and my street must hear about her.
    Lolo Notele - JNB S/Africa

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...